Please select your country & currency. Donations are tax-deductible in the country selected.
This fund is for donors who seek to address the disproportionate burden on women and girls among people living in extreme poverty. Supporting effective charities like those listed below mean women have broader access to prenatal care, family planning resources, and opportunities for economic empowerment. In turn, supporting women and girls enhances the well-being of the entire community.
Despite significant gains in gender equality in the past two decades, women and girls are still disproportionately affected by extreme poverty. When you donate to effective women’s charities, you’re making the world a safer, healthier, and fairer place. Read more.
Currently, funds raised will be evenly distributed among charity recipients.
Our Giving Strategy
Our charity evaluation framework explains why and how our team identifies and evaluates recommended charities. Our framework seeks to be:
- Focused: We focus on problems that are important, tractable, and neglected amongst people living in extreme poverty.
- Adaptive: We consider a wide range of solutions and organizations with diverse strategies to achieve impact.
- Practical: We identify the most cost-effective charities, and encourage the greatest number of people to donate.
- Data-driven: We draw on the best possible evidence available to estimate the impact of each charity.
The Help Women & Girls Fund seeks to empower and support women and girls by increasing knowledge and access to vital health services, including sexual and reproductive health resources, and supporting opportunities to increase their lifetime incomes. Approaches include:
- Creating engaging, informative media campaigns that help women tackle issues disproportionately impacting their health, including maternal and child health, nutrition, sexual reproductive health, and early childhood development.1
- Providing effective health care services, including filling unmet demand for contraception and administering cost-effective obstetric fistula surgeries as well as post-surgery reintegration programs that help women regain their place in their families and communities after devastating childbirth injuries.2
- Increasing economic opportunities by equipping women with the resources to start and sustain businesses through seed funding, training, mentorship and savings groups.3
1Development Media International (media promoting healthcare utilization, family planning, early childhood development), Population Services International (promotion of health behaviors)
2Fistula Foundation, Population Services International (reproductive health education)
3Village Enterprise (entrepreneurship training and support)
Our research and evaluation team works to recommend high impact investments. Contact us if you would like to know more.
- Anna Demant – Advisor, Research and Evaluation
- Bilal Siddiqi – Advisor, Research and Evaluation
- Matias Nestore – Associate, Research and Evaluation
- Katie Stanford – Research & Business Intelligence Manager